Pages

Friday, January 9, 2015

I PUT MY FAMILY ON shame

Good day ms Pretorius
As we once discussed last late last year herewith is the article I covered. 

Caption: Police investigating the house
Caption: Emmah Khoza with the children at Bushbuckridge police station
Caption: Emmah Khoza
Caption Meat scared on the ground
Photos by Brian Kajengo

I PUT MY FAMILY ON shame




By BRIAN KAJENGO

Those were the words of Jabulani Khoza whose family house torched by the community on Wednesday afternoon in Madjembeni near Bushbuckridge in Mpumalanga

Jabulani accused of hired people to kill his co accused whom he once fought with in 2013 when he accused of having raped the deceased.

It’s alleged that one of Jabulani’s friends stabbed the deceased during a marriage party at Madjembeni on Sunday night, and the deceased confirmed dead on his way to hospital.
The community launched a manhunt for the alleged suspect who caught at his homestead in the same village and the man murdered by the community.

People suspected that Jabulani Khoza was behind the murder because he released from prison last year November after he saved only one year accused of raping the deceased’s sister.

“We escape through an eye of a needle when the community stormed our house. All of us assaulted for no apparent reasons,” said jabulani speaking at the police station his family seek refugee.

Stones, bricks, logs flew all over the yard as a community attack to the former convict’s home steady in Madjembeni. The house torched things thrown all over grosery scattered ion the yard.

“I thought I have paid for my sins when they family of the deceased assaulted me in 2013, and I spend 2 months in hospital, and sentenced after that. I have only 0ne month after I released from prison. In Prison I learnt that crime doesn’t pay. I am not the one   who sent the suspected killer who also killed by community to killer the late,” said Jabulani.

An eye witness who asked his name not to be used because of his religion said, “The late Selby Phoku was busy braaing meeting during a marriage celebration when two guys approaching his asking for cigarette. I was shocked seeing Selby on the on the ground bleeding heavily. They killed an innocent man.”

Emmah Khoza (58), Jabulani’s mother she is scared that nobody could accommodate her with her six children. Her eight room house torched and the grocery thrown out for dogs to eat.

“I couldn't believe my eyes when I receive a call from home by a neighbor telling me that my house was on fire and people assaulting my children. I asked my boss to release me so that I can come home from Graskop where I work.” Emma Khoza said.

The khoza family left without anything at hand even ID books, birth certificates and matric certificates swallowed by fire.

Bushbuckridge police spokesperson Lieutenant Ndlovukhazi Mashele said, “We edge our community to come and report if there have a suspicions than to take the law into their own hands. We ask the community to inform the police with information.” 

Police is investigating two cases of murder and arson. No arrest made yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment